Did you know that alleviating daily stress can improve one’s complex post traumatic stress disorder (CPTSD) symptoms? Life is complicated and challenging enough with having CPTSD stress. The good news is that there are several science-backed techniques that relieve stress. These natural methods to moderate stress levels are easy to practice and have major positive impacts on your entire body, mind, and emotional state. It’s easy to get caught up in simply surviving with CPTSD stress symptoms. While being on overdrive is sometimes necessary, it can wreck havoc on your health if it’s your chronic mode of operation. That’s why it’s important to utilize tools, strategies, and states of mind to minimize stress.
CPTSD Stress Relievers
- EXERCISE – You’ve heard it several times from your doctor, but it’s worth hearing it again. Exercise is crucial to maintaining both physical and mental health. Studies have shown that moderate aerobic exercise, like walking or running several times a week, helps boost mood, improve sleep, and sharpen focus — and can even combat more chronic health challenges like CPTSD, PTSD, and Depression. With these 15 scientifically proven ways to reduce and eliminate stress you can enjoy a better quality of life.
- YOGA – If you haven’t tried it yet, you definitely want to. And, there are yoga videos that you can access from your smart T.V. or mobile device that allows you to do yoga in the privacy of your own home. If you prefer group settings, you can search online for the nearest yoga studio or class near you. Better yet, yoga has been linked to reduced levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- MEDITATION – Meditation may be uncomfortable at first if you haven’t tried it before. But, once you get comfortable, this practice will have such a positive affect on your mental and physical health. Studies reveal that meditation bolsters brain chemicals and hormones that help you regulate stress and fight off sickness. Subsequently, meditation is also proven to help lower blood pressure and enable people to react to stressful situations in calmer ways.
More CPTSD Stress Relievers
- COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY – (CBT) is a type of talk psychotherapy that’s designed to change the ingrained, negative thought patterns that could be affecting your reaction to certain stressful situations. Ultimately, the goal is to change the way you react to triggers. By engaging in CBT with a trained and experienced therapist you see quick results regarding lowering your stress levels. CBT is also a proven way to defeat CPTSD stress and triggers.
- MINDFULNESS – Mindfulness-based stress reduction includes a combination of meditation, body awareness, and yoga to help people become more mindful and present in the moment. It’s proven to be extremely successful in reducing anxiety. Studies have even found that it can actually change how your brain is wired. Research shows that practicing mindfulness is so effective that large corporations provide mindfulness courses for their employees!
- MASSAGE – Most people aren’t aware of the added benefits from receiving a massage. But, now even science says that consistent massages reduces stress symptoms. Massage reduces the stress hormone cortisol, in turn helping to lower blood pressure and boost the immune system. Even a brief, 15-minute chair massage once a week can be enough to conquer stress levels.
CPTSD Stress Relief Continued
- OUTDOORS & NATURE – Get outside more and take in the beautiful natural surroundings. Taking walks in lush spaces or even looking at pictures of nature can increase your natural combat to stressors. Research proves that getting up and taking a stroll through the park reduced anxiety more than walking on a busy street and had cognitive benefits as well. There’s something calming and healing about walking or hiking outside surrounded by nature.
- TAKE A VACATION – It’s not a new discovery that taking a vacation helps you “reset” and center. Studies have shown unmatched changes in gene expression processes related to moderating stress. Researchers found a direct correlation between regular vacations and a healthy immune system and protection against cellular aging. Even a quick three day weekend get-a-way would do your mind and body some good.
- CHORES & ROUTINE – Next time you need to decompress, start completing your chores. Completing chores is a therapeutic routine that gives you a feeling of accomplishment. The thinking is that things like doing the dishes, vacuuming the house, or tending the garden can act as a grounding practice that promotes keeping you centered. Likewise, repetitive activities like coloring help to induce a relaxed state, similar to those associated with yoga and meditation.
If all of these CPTSD Stress relievers are new to you simply try one new thing at a time. The goal is to not overwhelm yourself and cause more stress to your life. Once you add one new stress relieving method and it becomes a natural part of your routine then you can add another one. The more often you engage in any of these activities the better off you will be. These practices will improve your over-all mental, emotional, and physical health.
Like what you read? Don’t forget share this post and to Subscribe and get lots more!
Do you have a story to share or is there something you really want to know more about?
Or maybe an idea for my next article? Inspire others and leave me a comment below.
♡ ♡ ♡ Product Affiliate Disclaimer ♡♡♡
My personal reviews are for products and services that I’ve used. Each product listed are what I personally have benefitted from, trust, like, and approve of. If you find these products valuable and you purchase any of them to help you or your loved one along your journey to recovery and remission of CPTSD or PTSD symptoms please note that I am compensated for each product purchased. The compensations earned help to fund my blog and reach out to others like you and I who are on the same journey.